Skip to main content

Review: My Name Is Memory

Author - Ann Brashares
Genre - Young-Adult/Fantasy/Romance
No. of Pages - 324
Year of Publication - 2010
Rating - ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Oh my goodness, this book is pure magic. I had been longing to read this book for a really long time and finally I read it. And the wait was totally worth it.

If you have even a speck of interest (if not belief) in the concept of reincarnation, please read this book. I can guarantee, you won't be disappointed. I don't remember how I came across this book, maybe through Pinterest. But when I read the plot summary, I knew I have to read this book for sure. Somehow, I also knew that this book won't disappoint me.

The starting of this book is somewhat slow, for a few pages you might not be persuaded to read further but once you get to the core, there's no coming back.

I found myself fervently turning the pages always thinking 'then what happened?' I was so lost in this book, I just couldn't put it down.

The protagonist of this book is Daniel, a young boy with a miraculous gift of nature. He has lived a thousand lives and remembers each one of it, which turns out to be both, a boon and a bane for him. 

In his very first life, he meets a girl and mistakenly, becomes the one responsible for her untimely death. In a subsequent life, he meets the same girl again, her name is Sophia and she is the wife of his own brother, Joaquim, an evil soul. 

Daniel finds himself strangely attracted to her until he knows that he has fallen in love. He manages to rescue Sophia from the claws of his brother, but they are never able to spend a life together, despite their love.

Daniel looks for Sophia, in every life. Sometimes, he isn't able to find her for hundreds of years. And even when he is able to find her, the circumstances don't let them reunite.

But when Daniel meets Lucy at high school, around a thousand years after he met Sophia(who is now Lucy), he knows this is their chance. But unlike him, Lucy doesn't remember him or any of her earlier lives.

This book will surely restore your faith in love and humanity and also enlighten you about the power of them. Daniel will appear to you like the ideal partner, one could get. 

I couldn't get enough of the characters created by the author, you can't not fall in love with them. The book ended at a point which seems like a starting to a sequel and I certainly browsed about it. 

As the rumors are, the publishing house Riverhead is not in favor of publishing the sequel to this book because it didn't sell that much and I couldn't quite understand why in the world did that happen. This book is brilliant, one of the bests I have read so far. I have also read other readers' requests for a sequel to this book and I can totally relate to them.

I even saw a petition on Change.org to Riverhead Trade for publishing a sequel to this book but much to my disappointment the petition has already been closed. I just wish they publish a sequel after all.

Here you can read the petition: Publish Sequel to "My Name Is Memory"

Review by Bhumika Singh (Blog Author)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five easy tips to become an avid reader

Many people out there want to become avid readers. Purposes can be different. Someone aspires to become a writer one day but the other just wants to improve his vocabulary. In any case, you must have some basic idea about books and reading if you are not a book-bosomed creature by birth. In this post, I am going to share some tips and habits which you require to become an avid reader. Nothing out of the way, just some small things which will promote the craving for books in you. Have you ever wondered how readers are able to make fandom references all the time? How do they know the quotes and phrases of their favorite books by heart? And above all how are they able to read so much? Here, you will find the answers to all these questions. Discover your interests and passion:  I developed interest for books in ninth standard by reading  Nancy Drew , which is a mystery series. And in today's date I love reading YA novels, romance and thrillers. No one can force you to read ...

Review: Safe Haven

Author - Nicholas Sparks Genre - Romance No. of Pages - 432 Year of Publication - 2011 Rating - ❤️❤️❤️ After reading The Notebook , I had high expectations from any other Sparks' book. I wouldn't say that I didn't like this book. All in all it was an okay read. I liked Erin's character a lot. She is portrayed as an independent and brave woman and yes, intelligent too. Alex is a decent character who showcases the idealistic image of a single father who loves and cares for his children more than anything else in the world. And lastly, Kevin, who would like him when he is the self proclaimed villain? I guess no one. Erin moves to Southport, North Carolina after fleeing from her husband, Kevin's house. Erin fell in love with Kevin and they got married but just after a few years of marriage, Erin discovered how obsessed he is with himself and how he wants total control over her moves and her life.  She felt suffocated in his house. She wasn't even al...

Review: Angels and Demons (Guest Post)

Author - Dan Brown Genre - Mystery-Thriller No. of Pages - 616 Year of Publication - 2000 Rating - ❤️❤️❤️❤️ The novel unfolds in a dream of the protagonist, Robert Langdon, a professor of religious iconology and art history at Harvard University. A call and subsequently a fax sent by Maximillian Kohler, a discrete particle physicist shakes him up from the sweet embrace of sleep. Murder of a great scientist, Mr. Leonardo Vetra at CERN, Geneva, Switzerland unravels the mysterious resurfacing of the ILLUMINATIS, an ancient brotherhood.  Langdon, being an expert of religious iconology, is asked for help to solve the murder mystery. The murder victim, Mr. Leonardo Vetra was not only the world's leading physicists but a catholic priest too. His adopted daughter, Vittoria is also working at CERN. Vetra and his daughter used the world's largest particle accelerator to create antimatter, to simulate the Big Bang. Once the antimatter canister is removed from the electrica...

Followers